Romantic Midweek Breaks For Your Loved One
If want to do something romantic, then take your partner on a midweek break. Not only will this unexpected gift warm the heart of your loved one, but midweek breaks also offer several other advantages:
- Firstly, you can surprise your loved one. Imagine the look on their face when they suddenly discover that that they’re being whisked away on a romantic holiday. If your partner works, gaining permission from your employer to do this is not as difficult as you think. A short phone call and a little bit of persuading is all that’s required.
- Secondly, it’s much cheaper to have a romantic getaway during the middle of the week than it is during the weekend. You get rewarded with cheaper fees when you do something unconventional that avoids the crowds. Travel businesses are desperate for customers during the middle of the week so they slash their prices.
- Thirdly, romance deserves solitude and you don’t want the hustle and bustle of noisey crowds ruining your time away. The weekends are packed with people, and finding a nice quiet secluded spot will be difficult, whereas in the middle of the week – half of the hotel will be empty!
- Fourthly, look out for the midweek break deals and discounts! Hotels, theatres, museums, exhibitions & many different tourist attractions will offer you promotional coupons and discounts. Hotels and tourist attractions will usually provide special 2 for 1 deals and heavily discounted services.
Where To Go For Romantic Midweek Breaks?
When it comes to being romantic, you’re only going to be limited by your creativity. Here’s just a small selection of some of the romantic breaks that you might want to consider:
- Paris. If you’re located nearby London, then a short break to another country need not be out of the question. Within hours you can be drinking the fine wines of France and experiencing the wonders of a different culture. The Eurostar high-speed train is a blessing to those for those who live nearby. Also, Brussels needn’t be out of the questions either as the Eurostar travels to this location as well.
- Try city breaks. The UK has as some of the best cities in Europe with Liverpool, Edinburgh, Oxford and Cambridge all providing major attractions and tourist facilities which will keep you entertained for days.
- Sail away! It’s easy to hire a barge and sail along some of the many canals in the United Kingdom. And if this is too adventurous, a safer but just as creative option is to spend you nights in a boathouse – it’s not something you’re going to forget.
- Hit the coast. Being an island nation, no one in Britain can complain about the lack of seaside resorts. Popular locations include the Norfolk coastline, the seaside town of Brighton and around Newquay, which has the best surfing and camping grounds in the UK.
No matter where you choose to go or what you choose to do, romantic midweek breaks can be some of the best (and cheapest) holidays on offer.